Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out)
11-17-2011, 06:19 PM,
RE: I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out)
(11-17-2011, 03:03 PM)24hours Wrote: I have recently posted this on another forum, didn't get any help... This is the only place that I believe can actually help me out. Please hear me out...

I am currently 25 years old.

Started losing hair when I was 18, so the doctor recommended me to start on Rogaine and Propecia right away.....and so I did (...)

<snip>

Hey 24 ...

I feel your pain. I remember noticing a sliver dollar sized bald spot, and some recession in the front when I was in my early twenties. It was alarming, as it is for most of us. I was a young musician, with a great head of hair ... not for long.

I went through the minoxidil attempt with little result. Then, as hair loss progressed, I looked at my options as I approached 30. I had already taken to wearing a hat often. In the early nineties, Propecia was not yet available, hair pieces were still pretty obvious, concealers were not an option because I had no hair at my crown for the material to adhere to ... and transplants were the hot thing, but the technology pretty crude.

So I got transplants, which helped in the front for a little while ... until I lost more hair there. Then, the large plugs (so called "minigrafts") were very visible. I wore a hat full time from then on, except when I absolutely couldn't, making me very self conscious. The transplants became one of my biggest regrets.

I just wanted to share this to relate to your plight ... and to remind you that hair wearing, at its current development, is a real and viable option which places you in a much better position than some of us older guys when we were your age. Be at least glad of that.

I have still done things wrong, as pointed out by the above posters ... I'm currently stuck in a salon/contract situation and I really recommend against that. It's expensive, the results mediocre, and it traps you into relying on their service to manage it all. They want you to tethered to them.

Follow the advice of the previous posters. I can tell you that, even w/ my current contract/salon handicap, wearing is a real solution for me. I decided that even if some people close to me knew, it would be worth it, compared to looking like I did.

There are some adjustments to wearing, there is a learning curve, and it is not perfect all the time. BUT, you'll be surprised how comfortable you'll quickly become, and (with the current quality of hair pieces) how little people will really pay attention to your hair.

I always noticed people glancing up at my transplants ... now there are never upward glances. And I'm not even yet achieving the most natural and undetectable look possible as compared to some of the DIY veterans you see in photos here, and on other forums.

I encourage you to go forward, you'll be much happier.

FB

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out) - furball - 11-17-2011, 06:19 PM
addendum - furball - 11-19-2011, 03:31 PM