Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out)
11-17-2011, 03:40 PM,
RE: I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out)
Son, first, you have my sympathy and empathy. I've been there. My hair was only slightly receding in the temples when I was your age, but it bugged the hell out of me, so I can only imagine what you're going through.

Okay, that out of the way, you've come to the right place. This hairwearing game is an outstanding solution to your problem and, if done yourself, a highly affordable solution. What I'm going to suggest right now is that you stop and clear your head. Right now it's probably spinning and you're thinking that wearing is some big, elaborate process. It's not. All you're doing is taking a piece of fabric with hair tied in it, sticking it on your head with some combination of glue and tape, and then getting the danged thing cut. After that, it's just a repeat process of taking it off every few days and reattaching it.

The foregoing said, I do recommend going to a salon the first time. Why? Because you're probably going to have to shave some of your existing hair and you want to walk out with something in its place. Once that's been taken care of, you can then make a template and send it in to Toplace or some other supplier. Once the new piece arrives, trim the area where the hairpiece is going, stick the sucker on your head, and go to a barber or stylist to get the thing cut in. Shop around before you commit to a salon, and don't go to some "club" that will try to sell you some $1500 or more hairpiece with a service contract. I got gouged for a sum much larger than that when I started several years ago. Find somebody who will sell you that first unit, cut it in, and give you some supplies. They exist. You might want to get in touch with Debbie at Split Ends. She's a stylist and a provider of supplies (tape, glue, etc.) that we all trust, and she may be able to guide you to someone in your area to get you started. Here's a link to Debbie's website (I'm sure there's a number or email address on there, somewhere) http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/ Frankly, you might find it cheaper in the long run to fly out to Debbie and let her hook you up the first time rather than go into one of the clubs. I kid you not, they'll get your head spinning again and they will rob you blind. And they'll tell you that it's really, really difficult to try to do this on your own. They're lying. That's how they make their money and charge you 10 times what the product and service is worth. Don't fall for it.

You're clearly ready to do this. So do it. Now. You've been through enough. Go, boy, Go!!!!!!!! You can get your confidence back in one day.

Best wishes, man.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am losing my mind... (Please help a fellow out) - needmorehair - 11-17-2011, 03:40 PM
addendum - furball - 11-19-2011, 03:31 PM