Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice on a fullcap template
10-07-2011, 10:05 AM,
RE: need advice on a fullcap template
You have gotten some excellent advice so far but I have a few more suggestions.

First, it looks like you have a lot of hair under that template. You don't have to get your template to conform to your head absolutely perfectly, but keep in mind that with your growing hair pushing the template away from your head this could potentially make the unit a little "baggy" on your head causing wrinkles in the attachment.

Secondly, you want to make sure that your temple points are far enough forward. I have always tried to err on the side of caution by keeping the temple points on my full caps a little conservative, but I have found that my units look better when the temple points are a little stronger. There is an art to getting them in just the right place and it might take a couple of tires to get it dialed in but judging from the pics yours look a little weak for the hairline you have created. It is hard to tell without a full face pic so keep that in mind if you make alterations.

The last thing I would recommend is cutting the template a little around the ears. You can always leave it longer and trim it when it comes in, but either way you will need some space in between the hairpiece and your ears or it will drive you INSANE. Trust me on this one.

Other than that it looks god. I would take Paul's advice and cut a little more recession into the upper temples, but even that isn't crucial if you are going to be combing the hair forward.

Keep us posted!

Messages In This Thread
need advice on a fullcap template - fate - 10-05-2011, 05:06 PM
RE: need advice on a fullcap template - JRob - 10-07-2011, 10:05 AM