Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hair colour and bleached knots ?
09-28-2011, 02:08 AM,
RE: hair colour and bleached knots ?
I`m not doubting your experience/the way you bond Hairenough, but different lifestyles can dictate different requirements in relation to bonding/amount of glue or tapes etc. I never get itching from not doing an all-over bond... maybe I`m just lucky that way? Doing an all-over strong bond is fine but the clean up can be tedious/time-consuming. I used to have all-poly systems attached at a Salon/club and I`d attend there monthly for a de-bond... they rotated systems from month to month,so there was a clean and re-colored system to hand once they removed the one I came in with..it still took time to clean the scalp of residue [with a citrus-based solvent]followed by a good shampooing of the scalp and they cleaned /spruced up the `old`system at their leisure once I left the place. I honestly feel [and have experienced] that prolonged bonds can lead to health /hygiene issues and scalp irritation....that`s my main reason for not doing an all-over bond. One of the girls at the Salon told me that 2 clients had ended up with scalp infections from the prolonged bonds. I think that for very active lifestyles/gym etc. that letting water at the scalp through the lace will help dilute/clean off most of the sweat, but the bonded area can get irritated under prolonged-bond conditions having been sweating a lot. I know it`s `each to their own` when it comes to bonds/products etc. but that`s been my experience of it and I just put it `out there` so people can be informed of the possibility of such an issue....cheers, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: hair colour and bleached knots ? - Paul In Ireland - 09-28-2011, 02:08 AM