Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hair colour and bleached knots ?
09-28-2011, 01:38 AM,
RE: hair colour and bleached knots ?
Here's my take on it as someone who used to get all blonde and color it dark brown. From what I was told, all the hair apart from black is bleeched blonde anyway, then the dyes are added to make them the various standard colors. Then the hair is ventilated onto the lace and then the knots are bleeched. Blonde pieces do not need to have their knots bleeched s that's one less bleeching process to go through. My blonde units I colored myself always lasted a lot longer. But there is a downside. Coloring a full blonde piece dark can be tricky if you want to get nice and close to the knots without coloring them or the lace. This is where the total solution idea comes in. Order the hair in your color but with the front few cm in 22R. Then attach, cut in and color all of it including your own hair with the same dye (do not use an all in one box, use professional stuff like Wella Koleston). If the dark hair is already roughly close to that of your chosen dye, you don't have to get too close to the knots at all, and you can take care to get close with the front blonde hair and it's not hard at all to keep it off the lace and knots. Spread the colour onto a fine tooth comb and comb it through. This is what I do now and it works brilliantly. You will also get knots at the hairline that are completely invisible unlike if you ordered all brown hair and had a rough bleech job done (or as happens sometimes no bleeching at all).
As for shedding, I've never seen this suggested before but did you know if you do a full head glue bond it help with shedding? The knots are all stuck in a layer of glue while it's on your head and this keeps them stronger and from untying. I could never do a perimeter bond only anyway as the itching would be awful! Full head bond means no itching, protected knots, more secure of a hold and more natural when the hair is parted. I really don't know why so many guys leave 80% of their piece just sitting on their head not stuck down. A good safe glue like invisibond causes no irritation. Tape perimeter (stuck to the scalp) and glue all over, includng over the tape is the best combo I've ever tried. The tape stops the scalp oils getting to the glue and lace on those areas and i get a long hold there.
As for shedding, I've never seen this suggested before but did you know if you do a full head glue bond it help with shedding? The knots are all stuck in a layer of glue while it's on your head and this keeps them stronger and from untying. I could never do a perimeter bond only anyway as the itching would be awful! Full head bond means no itching, protected knots, more secure of a hold and more natural when the hair is parted. I really don't know why so many guys leave 80% of their piece just sitting on their head not stuck down. A good safe glue like invisibond causes no irritation. Tape perimeter (stuck to the scalp) and glue all over, includng over the tape is the best combo I've ever tried. The tape stops the scalp oils getting to the glue and lace on those areas and i get a long hold there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: hair colour and bleached knots ? - Hairenough - 09-28-2011, 01:38 AM