Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fading!
08-23-2011, 08:11 AM,
Fading!
Hey everyone,

I'm on my second system from Toplace. My first custom system started shedding and fading after about 6 weeks. I over-washed, I didn't know what I was doing etc... so it was expected.

I'm now on my second system and have been wearing for roughly one month. I've only used shampoo on the system once (from Debbies site), have removed it maybe 3 or 4 times, am using alcohol to remove the front partial and using a solvent from a local wig shop that contains organic wetting agents, petroleum, hydrocarbons citrus oils, and lanolin to clean up with the mirror slide method. After removing residue I thoroughly rinse the system with filtered water and let it air dry, apply leave in anti fade conditioner and reapply the piece to my head. I'm outside a lot, but I try and wear a hat often and have purchased a UV protector from that local wig shop just in-case to mix in with my conditioner.

That being said, I've already noticed the piece is starting to fade to a more blonder tint than my hair. What am I doing wrong? This is really frustrating. I can post pictures later today.

Messages In This Thread
Fading! - JamesJr - 08-23-2011, 08:11 AM
RE: Fading! - Paul In Ireland - 08-23-2011, 09:09 AM
RE: Fading! - JamesJr - 08-23-2011, 09:18 AM
RE: Fading! - expriest - 08-23-2011, 02:19 PM