Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat spot on back of head
08-10-2011, 08:03 PM,
RE: Flat spot on back of head
Hi supo..... You say `the piece is uncomfortable/problematic now`..... so I assume you are wearing a system ? If so, what material is the base made of? Lying/sleeping on your back when young had totally nothing to do with the shape of your skull....don`t know a lot about babies but if that was the case we`d all have that skull shape from lying on our backs....just happens to be the way your skull was made by mother nature...there could obviously be some underlying physiological / medical condition which caused this.....without seeing a pic, I can only use my imagination.....my guess is that a template of your head will give the exact shape, and a lace system with a slightly `raised`density at the crown [flat] area [maybe 5% extra] can easily disguise that `odd`shape....just ask the stylist to allow the hair there to be slightly longer than the rest of the system so no-one will be able to see the flatter-looking area...lace should be feel no more noticeable against your skin there than over any other part of the scalp..... just having a little bit of `length`at the crown area should hide that flat appearance quite easily....you`re probably more conscious of it than a casual observer as you know it`s there....if it were me anyway, I`d be loath to go for any `procedures ` both for the cost factor and the possibility of risk...I`d just disguise it with a system..... If you are wearing already, where did you get the system and what materials are in it ? Paul.

Messages In This Thread
Flat spot on back of head - supo - 08-10-2011, 09:17 AM
RE: Flat spot on back of head - Paul In Ireland - 08-10-2011, 08:03 PM
RE: Flat spot on back of head - JRob - 08-13-2011, 02:32 PM