Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
calling australian wearers...
07-10-2011, 07:19 PM,
RE: calling australian wearers...
Hi ozadam...... just to be clear...... there is a difference between trimming off the excess lace all around, and cutting the actual system base itself / into the hair. Stocks come in two standard sizes/shapes...... i.e. length from front-to-back and width ear-to-ear......you measure your thin/ing area and let John know, and he`ll send you the nearest one to those measurements. I`ve worn stocks but never actually cut them ....nor would I like to try it....I know many guys cut them to make partials etc., but I feel the `look`can be ruined by a bad cut...... what might be a better/safer idea is make a little template of your thin area, send it to Debbie and John can send your stock to her....she`ll be able to cut it for you `safely`...... for my money, stocks are only like a sticking-plaster ...the best way to get a proper fit and cover the exact area is make a template and get a custom-made system........ if you`ve waited this long to begin wearing, another few weeks isn`t going to make much difference...... stocks are useful but [to my mind ] a middle of the road solution.....custom is usually THE way to go for fit, density, ventilation/hair-direction and style [ `wave`]---- while you may find a stylist happy to give you a cut-in, they may baulk at the idea of actually cutting the base itself for fear of ruining it...... just my 2-cents worth...others may differ- Paul.

Messages In This Thread
calling australian wearers... - anubi5 - 07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
RE: calling australian wearers... - ozadam - 07-08-2011, 08:15 AM
RE: calling australian wearers... - anubi5 - 07-10-2011, 02:40 PM
RE: calling australian wearers... - ozadam - 07-10-2011, 04:40 PM
RE: calling australian wearers... - anubi5 - 07-10-2011, 06:06 PM
RE: calling australian wearers... - Paul In Ireland - 07-10-2011, 07:19 PM