Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New and Tentative
05-07-2011, 08:02 PM,
RE: New and Tentative
Hello again conundrum..... I don`t doubt for a moment what you say about the damage done to you [ I`d be considering getting a medical report and possibly legal action for damages if that had been done to me] God ...10 thousand Dollars...that`s a lot of money in anyone`s book. I can really empathise with your whole situation and you put it very very well. Just one point I`d like to `deal`with if I may [please don`t think I`m nit-picking here ] Whatever they did at that place to cause damage to your scalp/hair-roots, it sure sounds to me that whatever adhesive was used, was not allowed to dissolve fully before removal and may have pulled out the still-growing fine hairs by the roots....I`m only guessing here ...... like if you think about it, there are SO many wearers who use strong glues/tapes and de-bonder fluids etc and it doesn`t cause any damage to their scalp or hair roots...... I`m not for one moment doubting what you say....... whatever was done to you sounds like total incompetence/negligence. I`d seriously be taking legal advice...why should you be out of pocket trying to rectify this ? I wouldn`t be having any more `procedures`done either..... I wonder what other readers think ? The only really `bad`thing I have read about has been some people seem to have a sensitivity to `Supertape` resulting in redness/itching etc but nothing like you describe, which is physical damage of some sort. Please don`t give up in despair...you`ve come this far so see it through !! What I suggest are 2 things..... the first one is `bending the rules` a bit but I often do it...... place your system just a few millimeters in front of your hairline [encroaching onto the forehead skin] ..... it`s not generally the correct thing to do but I sometimes do it especially when I`ve trimmed my own back hair as it`s so thin now that I slightly move the system forward to give a less-noticeable blend-in at the back......yes it alters my front `appearance`slightly, but it`s fine ! .....just that 2 or 3 millimeters will allow you to use a glue on un-damaged skin......as long as it`s not half-way down to your eyes it`ll be ok ! Second thing you might like to consider is getting a thin-skin front for a really un-detectable front .....plus as far as I know, the Got2b works very well with thin-skin right to the very front so you could sit it right on to the damaged area using a product which you know will not cause you any problems.... My first suggestion would be for your new custom lace system...the second one [thin skin front] might be a better longer-term solution ?
I really do wish you the very best .....this whole thing has obviously been traumatic for you yet you were very frank in how you speak of how hair loss etc. has affected you socially and work-wise ...it`s such a REAL issue for so many guys losing their hair..hey man you`re too young to be locking yourself away .... best regards ... Paul.

Messages In This Thread
New and Tentative - Gadd - 04-06-2011, 12:20 PM
RE: New and Tentative - antywanty - 04-07-2011, 07:06 AM
RE: New and Tentative - Biltmore602 - 04-07-2011, 08:45 AM
RE: New and Tentative - Paul In Ireland - 04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
RE: New and Tentative - conundrum29 - 05-05-2011, 10:49 AM
RE: New and Tentative - conundrum29 - 05-05-2011, 02:43 PM
RE: New and Tentative - Paul In Ireland - 05-05-2011, 09:20 PM
RE: New and Tentative - conundrum29 - 05-06-2011, 02:59 AM
RE: New and Tentative - Paul In Ireland - 05-06-2011, 05:28 AM
RE: New and Tentative - Xeon005 - 05-06-2011, 06:34 AM
RE: New and Tentative - conundrum29 - 05-07-2011, 02:05 PM