Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story, questions & more questions
02-02-2011, 03:18 AM,
Story, questions & more questions
First off I'm glad I found this forum as I've been a long time user of systems, wigs, whatever you want to call them and I can finally ask questions...

In a nutshell I used to be a member of a club and opted out of that route to go with an independant person. Basically Im on a programme that allows me a new system every 3 months. It works out pretty well and I go see him every few weeks. Currently there is red tape used on the back and along the sides and Euro-bond in the front which I clean and reapply once a week depending on how its holding. So really not alot of maintenence on my part. It's a skin system (outer ring about 3/4inch thick all around) with the middle just lace so that it breathes..

A couple of complaints that I've had in general with these systems is that eventhough they are human hair, after a few weeks I find once water touches them, they clump up and over time it gets worse. Do you find top lace systems are better than what I'm describing?

I shampoo my hair in one direction 1-2 times a week and I use leave in conditioner right after as well to style and thats it. I stay away from Gel's unless I REALLY need that wet look. I do wet my hair in the shower everday and of course use leave in conditioner to acheive the wet look for a good portion of the morning lets say.

My questions for the forum is how do you deal with situations where you sweat and need it to look even. What I mean is going to the gym where when you sweat your hair at the sides and back will get wet yet your top stays bone dry? I've stayed away from a gym because of this.

If your hair clumps, what do you do if and when you go swimming. I've stayed away from swimming because of this too.

Also for sports guys, I know playing hockey its the same situation where once I take off my helmet I put a hat on to kind of hide the dryness on top.

I also play in a band from time to time and if it's going to be a hot stage that is when I use the gel as I dont want the top of my hair to be dry.

I know I asked alot of questions but it's been something I've been wanting to ask for years.

Thanks guys..

Messages In This Thread
Story, questions & more questions - LP Dude - 02-02-2011, 03:18 AM