Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about both release and clean up
01-19-2011, 09:35 AM,
RE: Question about both release and clean up
I wouldn`t recommend leaving any system in place for 3 weeks.... for the reasons you`ve outlined. No matter whether you use tape and / or glue, leaving any bonding products on for that long will lead to problems.....they become unstable / degenerate and cause a right mess [as you`ve discovered] .....not all tapes are suitable for lace..check with whichever supplier you are ordering from ....some tapes are more suitable for Poly and others are for lace..... interchanging them is not advised...... I was watching a DVD last night which covered that very point [ I`ll do a thread on it soon]. You will also have scalp irritation [redness] etc because of all that gunge sitting in your pores. It`s a good idea to do a more regular de/re and give your scalp a little TLC while you`re at it ....nice gentle clean [Debbie has a nice Deep -cleansing Mask for the scalp ] ..you can probably get some similar product in Boots pharmacy ..... I`d also advise [as a final step before your re bond] to wipe the scalp with one or two of those pre-injection swab wipes [alcohol] as this will kill any bacteria still lurking. .... you`ve simply made the mistake of wearing for too long a stretch. Do a weekly de/re and you should only need an occasional touch-up.... if possible, leave the system off overnight and re-bond in the morning.....just allows the scalp to `dry`and breath ... I`ve not had a bit of bother since I began doing that [ yes I do it nightly now, but used to do it once a week]..... it`s far easier to do a clean -up when the adhesive products are still fairly `intact`... it`s a classic temptation to leave it on your head when it`s still nicely bonded, but the downside is what you`ve just gone through...... cheers, Paul.
p.s. .. I checked with John and he tells me all tapes supplied by Debbie are compatible with lace/will not cause any issues....some of the `older`tapes were not ideal...just to clarify.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about both release and clean up - Paul In Ireland - 01-19-2011, 09:35 AM