Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about both release and clean up
01-13-2011, 10:59 PM,
RE: Question about both release and clean up
Hi Henry... I had been planning on going full cap or at least a 3/4 Topper soon, but haven`t gotten my butt into gear yet ! I had actually bought some stronger tapes than the `Sensitac`one which I use for my daily routine,in anticipation of ordering/receiving a full cap, but I haven`t used them yet, so I`m not best-placed to comment on strength of them or clean-up issues etc. The reason I do a daily de-bond is my scalp tends to be oily and I like to clean it properly daily without a system ``in my way`` ----that`s not practical for many people ,I know, so a bond of a week or so is best for many wearers due to pressure of time in getting to work early daily etc. I have the `luxury`of having time to pop my system on daily [only takes a few minutes anyway] nor do I share living accommodation with other people so I can easily de-bond nightly, without issue. I think your routine of wearing for a week at a time is about right ....this avoids the glues/tapes degenerating into a messy goo making the clean-up more laborious.... I also recommend - if possible- do your de-bond at night, and wait until next morning to re -bond.......it`s good to allow the scalp skin, which is normally in contact with glues etc. to `breath`--- can really help in avoiding issues like sensitivities to products... my own guess is that redness/itchiness is actually a result of the pores not being able to exude natural oils, sweat, etc. rather than an issue with the actual product itself.. even though your hair is very very thin/gone, the pores still carry on producing/exuding natural oils.... this will also coat/adhere to your base material, and needs to be cleaned too in order to avoid bacteria building up and causing health issues ...I`m not trying to scare anyone off of wearing, just advising a bit of common sense in regards to hygiene.... I know when I wore all -poly [from a salon] some years ago, my entire scalp was totally coated in glue and this system stuck on for anything up to/beyond 3 weeks .... I can tell you, that especially in hot weather, the scalp would itch like mad at times and when the thing was taken off....the odour was most unpleasant, and red/livid areas were clearly visible on the scalp. Once I began wearing lace ....not a bother at all, as it`s totally breathable and doesn`t trap sweat etc. Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about both release and clean up - Paul In Ireland - 01-13-2011, 10:59 PM