Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
01-11-2011, 10:15 AM,
RE: Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
I`d suggest the easiest way to avoid problems is, apply two short-ish [maybe an inch long] strips of tape, one on either side [of the system], just behind the temple area....leave the backing tape on them [just lift a corner on each one so you can grip it later to peel it off] Place the system on your head and position it as accurately as you can...is best to locate your front hairline-point first [just frown a bit and you`ll see the point where the scalp skin meets the forehead skin as it tends not to stretch etc. You can also place your 4 fingers across your forehead with the small finger just across the eye-brows..your index finger will be lying across where your hairline will be] Once you have that point, just place a `dot`with an eyebrow pencil...then make sure it`s not sitting lop-sided, and sitting centrally.Just place one hand onto your system, palm down, to prevent it moving/slipping and lift the perimeter where the tape strip is and peel off the backing tape and press that point against the skin to adhere.Do the same on the other side.That gives you two anchor-points. Simply mark around the front perimeter with the eyebrow pencil [ a few broken lines will do] You can fold the system back onto your head there and apply your glue layers....you must allow each layer to go clear and tacky....the more layers, the longer the bond. Then just lay/press the lace down onto the glue and press firmly..try to avoid uneven-ess..I allow mine to fall on ``it`s own`` so it`s even, then I just pat/press it onto the glue. You can then fold the back up and forward to the anchor-points, and apply glue carefully to your scalp..again, you can maybe mark a few dotted lines with the pencil..you`ll see them easily and they will also show you any little bits of remaining growing hair that might need to be shaved out of the way...it can be tricky working on the back of your head while looking in two mirrors but you`ll soon get used to it.. any excess glue, or any that you accidentally get onto your growing hair can be removed with a cotton pad soaked with de-bonder fluid. All that probably sounds really complicated and tricky --you`ll be able to do it in jig time in a matter of a few bonds...the start is always going to be nerve-wracking.....it`s like learning to ride a bike --you`ll have a few wobbles [hopefully no crashes though :-) ] and in no time at all, you`ll be wondering what all the fuss was about..... probably be on here in a few months telling me how I should do mine !! lol !.
Some wearers use tape and glue..tape a few millimeters inside the perimeter,glue to the very edge.... some just use all tape and just some glue on the front hairline.. it`s just a matter of what you find you like yourself ...don`t be afraid to experiment a bit to find what you like.Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold - Paul In Ireland - 01-11-2011, 10:15 AM