Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
01-10-2011, 01:17 AM,
Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
Hope you all had a good new year and keeping up well! I see toplace has changed the picture of the main website Smile). Is that John himself? Smile

As you may have noticed, my presence on the forum is irregular. That's cause as much as possible, I try to keep my mind clear from thinking about hair systems and try to live a happy life. I've come to a point where I don't think I need much advice, I'm over the learning curve so to speak. But don't worry, you're still on my mind and when I have discovered something good or worthy of a share, I'll come posting my 5000 word advice lol. Smile

As I had promised, my feedback on Ghost Bond.

Have just received it and I tried it out (only an hour ago) so isn't gonna be a full review.

I noticed it is a lot less messy than UltraHold, but in a way, this was to be expected since it is a white glue and not acrylic. It seems softer, I mean, I thought while I was applying it, it was safer to the scalp. What I hate about white glues, and Ghost Bond is that I don't have the patience to wait for it to turn clear... so I made that mistake again. But, so far...

a) I was impressed with the immediate bond (kinda strong like Ultrahold).
b) I was impressed that when I needed to do the cleaning of excess glue, it went off in no time with just a cotton bud and some virgin oil. With Ultrahold, it used to take me a good couple of minutes and sometimes frustration builds up.
c) I was also impressed with the hairline. I mean, since it is softer (and pardon my English not being so good), I couldn't feel where the base starts. Ultrahold did an excellent job on this as well but since it was very messy and very strong, you'll get a tacky 2/ 3 mm on the forehead just infront of the hairline.

All in all, I think it has lived up to my expectations brilliantly so far. But I'll come back and update this as I monitor the progress.

I am looking forward to judge it's durability in the long run, how easy/difficult it is to clean it up, and the frequency of touch ups.

I am not particularly a big fan of white glues but this one seems to be changing my opinion, it's only premature talk though... so I won't get my hopes up too high just yet.

To note also is that I was very happy with Ultrahold (bar the cleaning process but I didn't bother as long as the bond was extra strong). So if Ghost bond can do just that and have an easy cleaning process, then I'm over the moon.

PS. Thanks to the poster (forgot the name sorry, but Balmouti maybe?) who recommended GhostBond.

I am just now checking the Ghost Bond website: http://www.prohairlabs.com and it is a very fresh looking website, looks genuine, clean and professional... and they have a bunch of products I might want to try out. hmm...

Messages In This Thread
Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold - mrjoejohn - 01-10-2011, 01:17 AM