Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new costumer - some questions before i make the order
01-04-2011, 05:57 AM,
RE: new costumer - some questions before i make the order
Hi james341.... so many questions..so little time !! LOL ! Welcome to the forum.. I`ll do my best to answer you and point out a few considerations .
You live in a hot climate, so definitely go for lace. The style you want has a fairly exposed hairline so you`d be best off with Swiss lace at the front, and you can either have French for the rest with a poly perimeter, or Swiss all over and poly strip [ that`s what I wear] I find the poly is fairly wafer-thin and not really detectable to the touch..but that`s just me. It`s also easier for cleaning and it`s `tough`..like you can be that bit rough with it compared to lace. What I like too is the fact that it `seals`the edge of the lace, so no chance of snagging it with a brush/comb and possibly tearing it. I de-bond from the back, fold the system forward and spray lace-release onto the scalp just behind the front [glued] hairline..rather than spraying solvents down through the hair itself.. I prefer not to expose the hair to alcohol-based liquids, as it is very harsh/drying on the hair. The lace simply comes off with hardly any glue residue on it..most is on the skin. If you want a week/2 -week bond, you`ll have to go for a stronger glue....such as ultra hold or Ghost bond [again, due to the temperature where you live].... I can understand why people who are/have been Salon customers are apprehensive of `` going it alone`` after all, you are in a `comfort zone` of letting them take care of everything [a fact they use to full -advantage $$] and you are `used`to a routine. On your own, can look like a rocky road--trust me, it will be fine with a little planning/advice.
I`m unable to advise you on density as I don`t know which video you are referring -to [you didn`t post a link] so maybe post a pic or two of your present condition [though I think that may not be possible if you are wearing a system and cannot de-bond it at the moment as the salon does that for you] Maybe next time you go to the Salon, when they take the system off, and they leave the room, could you take a few pics with a digital camera ? I was often left alone in the room when I used to go to the salon with no system on my head.Just a thought. You can source glues/tapes form many sites... Debbie is the recommended supplier via Toplace... she has her own website and she can also do styling/cut-ins. You will receive your system from John, and you can then send it to Debbie for attention...she can do it from photos of the style you`d like if you pop them in with the system. Have a look at her site http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com .. you can e -mail her too and she`ll be happy to answer any questions regarding styling for you. Maybe there are wearers in Israel who can recommend a stylist for you, though yours is the first post from there that I have seen/can recall. Can you post a pic of your present system on your head ? I could probably recommend a matching-density for you to order from Toplace by looking at that as it will also show your own side hair etc.[ you can blank out your eye area for your privacy ] Going back to glues for a moment--it`s really a matter of your own choice..wearers often have to `experiment`with a few to find what suits them best..there are no real `rules`..it can vary from person-to person and your body-chemistry, climate where you live and active lifestyle..these will all influence how long a bond will last.... best to order 2 or 3 different strengths glue and tapes and find which suits you best...it`s part of the initial learning-curve. You will find out soon what is best for YOU, and you`ll perfect `your`way of doing things.If you have an old system,you can send that in to John and your new system can be made to the same size/contours for a nice fit. Pop in a picture of the style you`d like, and that will greatly help too.
I think that covers most of your questions for now --feel free to ask more.. I`ll do my best to advise, and I`m sure some of the other guys here will chip in too... regards for now, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: new costumer - some questions before i make the order - Paul In Ireland - 01-04-2011, 05:57 AM