Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour change; help needed.
11-22-2010, 04:05 AM,
RE: Colour change; help needed.
(11-21-2010, 09:26 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hello again person.... I`m not a big fan on using a lot of products on system hair as I`ve said in other posts, mainly due to the fact that they build up, leaving the hair looking drab, and you end up washing more frequently and that in itself shortens the life of the system due to drying etc. I know many ..especially younger guys..want to use gels etc. to be fashionable and add a bit of `style`to their hair .... Debbie supplies a gel which is OK for system hair.... I had a look at the site you linked -to there...I`m not an expert but I did see a `sulfate`listed there...I have no way of telling if that would be the same kind of Sulfate which is in `ordinary` shampoos and is an enemy of system hair ... the main things you have to avoid really are Sulfates and alcohols in products .... maybe anyone who uses off-the -shelf gels can chip in here with a bit of advice for person please? You probably had a look at my recent post there regarding the `Remysoft`products [ I`ll be seeking recommendation fees off them soon !! LOL ] but honestly, I can say I`m very very impressed with them...`treated`my system last night again [ 3rd time in a month or so ] and it`s literally like a new lease of life for the hair ..... the final `sealer`product which you apply to lock in moisture, gives a lovely sheen to the hair and can be applied to your growing hair too...that in itself could help you with the blending issue you are concerned about .... a little bit `pricey` but formulated specifically for system hair so you don`t have the niggling doubts in your mind when washing etc., if you are actually causing damage to your system ..... I`ve been wearing now for about 15 years, and have ploughed my way through a fair share of products in my time, but the Remysoft has really impressed me.
The other big no-no on a system is any oily products...the oil will find it`s way to the knots and lead to shedding...... It can be confusing, with so many products out there, but I have found that applying thick gels, hair fudges, and other such products just make more work for you as you have to remove them again, and that can be tough on system hair...... wearing doesn`t have to be a huge chore or literally take over a major amount of your time daily, less is best in my view ..but that`s just me. Best wishes mate... Paul.

Thanks for the informative advice paul; I reckon if I was to use gel I would use the one you mentioned from debbie; thanks mate.

Messages In This Thread
Colour change; help needed. - person - 11-18-2010, 05:52 PM
RE: Colour change; help needed. - person - 11-21-2010, 03:32 AM
RE: Colour change; help needed. - person - 11-21-2010, 06:56 AM
RE: Colour change; help needed. - person - 11-21-2010, 10:00 AM
RE: Colour change; help needed. - person - 11-22-2010, 04:05 AM