Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odor Issues
10-24-2010, 07:50 AM,
RE: Odor Issues
Yeah, utah23--I use a few strips of lighter-strength tape on the poly, and while I use a strong glue [which I had a large tub of since my hair -salon days] I only apply a light coat onto the skin at the hairline where the lace front is.... I like to sleep with the thing off my head..just a matter of choice, but I shower every morning and don`t want to be constantly washing the system hair and as I said, my scalp tends to be oily so I like to keep it clean ...my own hair is so whispy and crappy it looks terrible when I get up, so I need to lightly shampoo it to get it looking `normal`again. Everyone`s situation is unique to them --if you`re around many people in a house, it may not be practical to do daily de/re- bonds.... I don`t have that issue. I also think that sleeping on systems constantly, causes more wear on them, leading to a slightly shorter life-span...it`s advised to use Satin or Silk pillow slips to avoid drying out the hair and cotton can also `snag`the hair causing shedding [just a little tip ].
The removal takes me all of 2 minutes, with very fast clean -up as the tape simply peels off the Poly without the need of de -bonder fluids--- I simply peel it off by catching the very corner with a finger nail and `catching`it and peeling it back. The very strong tapes [which I have not used ] may need solvents. I just clean off the glue from the skin with `` Pure`` adhesive remover [available from Debbie ] Some of the citrus removers are EXCELLENT and fast to melt the glue from the skin. My re -bond in the morning takes only a few minutes --the time -consuming bit is getting it positioned correctly before making the bond....it`s got to be fairly well in the right place, or it will look `odd`---you`ll get very adept at this game after a little while, and find your own little likes/ dislikes and ways of adapting to it all. I find the lace separates very easily and [importantly] cleanly by spraying on a little lace-release fluid--it`s amazing how quickly it can break the bond and leaves most of the glue on the skin --not on the lace.... that`s been my experience of it anyway.
Finally, I am in no way claiming to be an ``Expert`` on here .. I offer my views and feedback purely as a fellow -wearer in the hope that it can helps others. My experiences over quite a few years have been many when I was paying mega-bucks to salons, before I found Toplace. I am a modest person by nature, and don`t wish to come across as `` I know it all`` -- I don`t, but the fact that I frequently post, is just because I like to try to dispel some of the crap put out by hair `clubs` to vulnerable people who are desperate for a solution to their distressing problem of hair loss, and hopefully I have done that for at least a few readers. I am sometimes not too sure on certain things like advice on styles as it can be so hard to give definitive answers on what might suit an individual --you`d really need a good pic of the remaining hair and the input of other wearers, before settling on your final choice for your order ..that part of the process is ultimately down to the individual but my 2 GOLDEN tips to anyone about to order their first system, are firstly, don`t go overboard with the density [it will draw instant attention ] , and second,try to re -create what way your own full -head of hair looked when you had it. In time, when you get used to wearing, you might like to maybe do a little `experimenting` with a slightly different style such as centre -part rather than ,say,freestyle -- you know, just for a little `change` for those who have straight/fine hair etc........ this `game`can be daunting, but I`d NEVER go back to having no hair. Baldness suits [ in my view] about 10% of people, but as for the rest of us, it`s just depressing and saps part of who you are as a person.. I`m sure you`ll all know what I mean. Finally, I could recommend the web-cam consult with Debbie --- she really knows her `stuff` and will really advise on THE best style option for anyone who is still unsure.
With best wishes to everyone on the forum..... Paul.

Messages In This Thread
Odor Issues - utah23 - 10-24-2010, 03:44 AM
RE: Odor Issues - Paul In Ireland - 10-24-2010, 04:39 AM
RE: Odor Issues - utah23 - 10-24-2010, 06:37 AM
RE: Odor Issues - Paul In Ireland - 10-24-2010, 07:50 AM
RE: Odor Issues - antywanty - 10-24-2010, 09:08 PM
RE: Odor Issues - Paul In Ireland - 10-25-2010, 12:42 AM
RE: Odor Issues - antywanty - 10-25-2010, 05:54 AM