Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odor Issues
10-24-2010, 03:44 AM,
Odor Issues
Ok I'm going to put myself out there and tell an embarrassing story so be kind. ha ha

Normally I buzz my hair pretty short and I have done so for the last few years. Since I have decided that I want to give hair replacement a try, I have been growing my hair out so I can have it long enough to get a hair sample. I still have quite a bit of hair but it is really nasty and diffusely thin all over the top. As I have been growing it out I have been wearing a lot of hats to cover up my gross hair. Last night I went to a movie with some friends and I noticed as I was sitting there that my hat was smelling pretty oily. I wash my hair everyday and this hat that I was wearing is only a couple of days old. It was enough for me to smell so I am sure if others were paying attention they could probably smell it too. It wasn't a B.O. smell, but an oily(for lack of a better description). It wasn't enough to make me self conscious but when I got home last night I started to worry that this would be a constant problem with a bonded hair piece.

I did some arguments in my mind and this is what I came up with. My hair and my hat are a lot more absorbent than a lace base hair piece will be so they won't soak up that oil like my hat does. Is there any truth to this thinking? I am planning on getting to the point where I can take it off only once a week but I don't care to try for anything longer.

I know that one of the biggest arguments in the hairloss community against hair replacement is that there are a lot of issues with odor. Not just this kind of odor but also with adhesives breaking down and with B.O type of smells. I work in a gym and work out a lot but I can honestly say that I am not a big sweater so I guess that I am lucky there. I would love to hear peoples input on this issue. Is odor a huge problem with wearing a hair system?

Messages In This Thread
Odor Issues - utah23 - 10-24-2010, 03:44 AM
RE: Odor Issues - Paul In Ireland - 10-24-2010, 04:39 AM
RE: Odor Issues - utah23 - 10-24-2010, 06:37 AM
RE: Odor Issues - Paul In Ireland - 10-24-2010, 07:50 AM
RE: Odor Issues - antywanty - 10-24-2010, 09:08 PM
RE: Odor Issues - Paul In Ireland - 10-25-2010, 12:42 AM
RE: Odor Issues - antywanty - 10-25-2010, 05:54 AM