Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
10-25-2010, 08:39 AM,
RE: how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
(10-25-2010, 05:59 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Howdy....... this is an e mail address I very very rarely use, and only just thought of a little while ago.... only created it as a stand-by in case I was having problems with my usual ones..... I`m not so concerned about spam for it so I will publish it here: [email protected] ...... if anyone wants to contact me, feel free but PLEASE, leave a post to say you have sent the mail, because I RARELY open it up [it`s a microsoft chat thingy with a free e mail account] --obviously I will open it if anyone tells me they have mailed me..... Antywanty, you were looking for an address for me...you can use this one.
Your question regarding glues....hmm. I haven`t yet used `Ultrahold`so cannot comment on it or the amount of clean-up involved. I bought a large tub of a glue called `Tracksafe` from the last Salon I dealt with, which was in Dublin [ I live in Cork which is 160 miles away] and was for touch-ups if the bond loosened. It used to be manufactured here but I have tried to locate it since to no avail. I know it`s available in U.K. ....it`s `pricey`but is very good. I asked Debbie about it and she knew of it and said it`s very good. I know the price is a little over 21£ sterling [ approx 33 U.S. $ ] for a 50ml bottle. The bottle I have [over two years now] is 150ml so it really has lasted, but I was using tapes for quite a few months on my salon systems too so not using a lot of the `home`bottle --I still have half of it left. I wonder are your issues caused by oily/damp scalp? You can clean the scalp and `seal`it with `` Scalp protector`` --available on -line from Debbie and I posted a pic of the bottle on another thread some time back --- just go to Debbie`s site and there are pics there..... that may help with that issue by providing a good `foundation for your glue, though it sounds like the actual system is coming free from the glue rather than the skin/glue bond weakening?
Are you wearing all -lace ? I assume you are putting on a few layers of glue ? Sounds `odd`to me...... will wait to hear from you in due course ..regards for now, Paul.

Best bonding for me:
The full head bond with something like Safe-grip felt awesome.
The piece really feels like it is part of you. So hard to find the "join" even by touch. You can run fingers back and forth up and down. . .can't find the line of demarcation.
The cleanup takes more time though . . .

Compromise:
Perimeter bond with pro-flex with a few tapes down the middle.
Tape for the front (your choice) just leave a bit at the front for glue.
Very easy cleanup after a week or 2.
To De/re assuming you take your sweet time. . . 30 mins. This includes taking a long shower and drying your piece till it's just damp.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how long did it take u to get the hang of it? - balamouti - 10-25-2010, 08:39 AM