Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
09-16-2010, 09:15 AM,
RE: how long did it take u to get the hang of it?
Yeah that`s true JRob ----- with the glues being of different strengths and a newbie who is experimenting to find which one will give them the best hold, there can be a tendency to either plaster on the glue too heavily and then push the lace straight down onto it [ before it has had a chance to `` go off` ] and causing it to go through the lace and onto the hair, thus leading to all kinds of problems with the glue solidifying the hair into hard clumps, or like you said, going too lightly altogether and not getting a proper bond. Usually, the best way to apply your glues [look on the bottle for individual instructions ] is to apply a thin, even layer with an artists brush.Allow it to go tacky, then apply another layer. Allow that to also `` go off`` [tacky] Generally that should be sufficient to allow a nice cosy bond between lace and glue and no seep -through and onto the actual hair. Some people may need a third layer, but I would think that is the exception rather than the rule. Again, depends on the particular glue you are using, your own body chemistry, temperature/humidity etc. For the purposes of the initial cut -in, a newbie might find using glues in the Salon setting to be tricky and not a little daunting, which is why I reckon my suggestion above re using strips of strong tape directly onto the system perimeter, leaving the backing paper/skin in place, will allow for ease of positioning first before you decide you have it `` right`` and OK to attach, and will give a good hold so the stylist can work his/her magic and drag the balding pupae from it`s chrysalis, into the wonderful world of the hairy !!! :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: how long did it take u to get the hang of it? - Paul In Ireland - 09-16-2010, 09:15 AM