Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glue Problems
08-21-2010, 09:09 AM,
Glue Problems
Hi all.

My biggest problem, which I can't seem to solve, is in adhering the damn things to my head. People on here talk of bonds; a concept I can only dream of!

Tapes are a joke, they have come unstuck by the time I walk out of the bathroom.

I have tried a number of glues, including Basebond, i-Glue, Perfector Plus, and even Farrell's "Blue Glue." It's always the same, By the middle of day one, the hairline has loosened to the point where I can easily peel the unit off with no real resistance.

If I sleep with the unit on, I have about a 50% chance of finding it lying next to me on the pillow when I wake up (I am apparently a restless sleeper)

I have tried cleaning my scalp vigorously with 99% and then applying scalp protector, but it makes no difference. This is true even if I attach brand new units (although slightly better) so I can't even blame residue.

Perhaps my body just generates a very effective adhesive disolver, lol, but by the morning after application, glue has become little balls of tacky putty, which is easily removable.

Any advice / tips would be much appreciated, as the situation is currently unworkable.

(FYI, my current unit is an all french lace fullcap, but I have ordered a thin skin unit, to see if I have any better success.)

Messages In This Thread
Glue Problems - kojakmcfee - 08-21-2010, 09:09 AM
RE: Glue Problems - mcnash - 08-21-2010, 09:58 AM
RE: Glue Problems - kojakmcfee - 08-21-2010, 10:30 AM
RE: Glue Problems - FredTJ - 08-21-2010, 11:50 AM
RE: Glue Problems - ToplaceUSA - 08-21-2010, 11:52 AM
RE: Glue Problems - MattP51 - 08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
RE: Glue Problems - Ruulkasar - 08-28-2010, 02:25 AM