Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Toplace system, Before & After pics.
08-14-2010, 06:45 AM,
New Toplace system, Before & After pics.
Ok guys -- I posted most of these pics earlier in the week, but as they are at the end of an existing long thread, some might not have seen them. I am posting, with people who are considering wearing, in mind. They might help to take a bit of the `mystery` out of the process, especially for those who have been fed the usual blurb from these `Salons` culminating in a quote for some sky-high price because ```You get what you pay for`` and anything less will be rubbish ---- the only rubbish involved, is the crap story - line!
I wear a system with a poly strip around the perimeter, temple-to-temple via the back . The main part of the system is Swiss lace including the front hairline. I do daily attachments, and sleep with the system removed. If occasions arise when I need a full-perimeter bond, I find the poly very easy to work with -- I simply position the system, glue the front [ lace] part, then fold the system up from the back onto the head, and using a mirror, I apply a thin strip of adhesive to the poly [doesn`t have to cover all the poly-- just the width of the artist brush ] and then just fold it down onto the exposed skin, giving me a nice effective all -around bond.
Usually though, I only use a few dabs of glue on the front, and 3 or 4 strips of tape on the poly --makes the daily removal very hassle -free.The tape can be easily peeled off the poly too, without having to use solvents etc. It`s a matter of preference as to whether I use glue on the poly all the way, or tape, all the way or just an odd dab here and there or a few little strips of tape here and there. I know people have all kinds of different lifestyles, and need or want to have a bond for a few days at a stretch, so it`s purely a matter of choice.
First pic -- my pathetic remaining hair.
Second one, shows the unit, upside down, with the excess lace visible on the front. You simply trim that off from temple to temple with a good scissors --is good to leave a few millimetres of it on, rather than going right back to the actual hairline, as it can be a good `marker`for where to apply the glue, rather than trying to judge with hair `in the way`--you can always trim it back a little further later if you like.
Third -- I`m holding the system, gripping the excess lace, so you can see through it and see that the density will allow for scalp show -through.
Fourth -- 5 short strips of tape [white backing tape attached still] -- I was about to go to the stylist, so wanted a little extra hold, as I usually only use 3. You will note I have trimmed the excess lace off at the front.
Fifth -- system now in position and held on with the tape strips -- front folded up to allow for glue to be applied to scalp-- I don`t mark it with pencil any more as I am just so used to it now.
Sixth and seventh ---un-styled system just sitting on the head -- I only ordered 3 -inch length on this system as my own hair is short --just about got away with it !!
[Think I may have to post in 2 seperate boxes in order to fit all the pics in]
The last 3 pics show the system after being styled --apologies about hte grainy appearance of some of them --this webcam, even though bought new less than a year ago is not the best, but it gives some idea anyway.
Total time taken to style it --10 minutes literally, total cost of cut -in 20 Euros [about 30 Dollars or so ]
Feel free to add comments, good bad or indifferent ----be honest-- I can take it !!! ;-)

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
New Toplace system, Before & After pics. - Paul In Ireland - 08-14-2010, 06:45 AM