Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My review, queries, tips and tricks from a newbie
08-19-2010, 01:35 AM,
RE: My review, queries, tips and tricks from a newbie
Hi again mrjoejohn, I can fully appreciate how you would be concerned at parts of the hairline area lifting free of the glue...... which glue are you using ? It sounds to me that there are a few causes ------ you live in a hot climate [i think you said], your own body-chemistry, and the adhesive itself. It is common for people to try a few different ones before they find one which they can `get on `with. Do you apply only 1 coat or 2 ? Possibly you may need 2 or 3 coats to allow the lace to bed -down into. I don`t have that issue, but it would bother me if I had. Obviously you want to wear with confidence that your system will be as undetectable as possible. I reckon you are not doing ``something wrong`` as such --- it`s a fairly standard procedure [or should be ] to attach with confidence. I read your other new thread and it sounds like you are getting on well with the rest of the bond using the tape etc. and I think you just have to `` tweak`` the front hairline issue . I will have a look now, when I post this reply, at Debbie`s site, and see what strength glues she has. Paul.
Keep an eye on this thread -- I hope to have more information on this issue either later on today or tomorrow. I re -read your new thread in which you sound up -beat with the rest of the perimeter bond. You mentioned i-glue and Ultrahold. I have not used either of them so far, as I explained before, and still using my `tracksafe` which I have a large tub of, but Ultrahold seems to be a very strong glue. As I don`t have a bottle of it to hand, I cannot read the instructions for use, but USUALLY the way to apply glues is apply a layer, allow it to go clear, then apply another layer, again allow to go clear [tacky] and if a third layer is required, do the same thing. Then press the lace down onto the tacky glue--you certainly should have no issues with lifting of the lace, in the short -term, by doing it that way. I hope that helps -- I`ll be back with more as soon as possible. Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My review, queries, tips and tricks from a newbie - Paul In Ireland - 08-19-2010, 01:35 AM