Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My review, queries, tips and tricks from a newbie
08-13-2010, 10:26 AM,
My review, queries, tips and tricks from a newbie
Hey guys,

So I decided to share my story like I promised John!
I will split it in 2 parts cause its too long and Im tired lol.

PART 1

GENERAL BACKGROUND
- 27 Years Old
- Live in a VERY hot and humid country
- Exercise frequently, gym and football
- EXTREMELY conscious of my image! (Metrosexual or whatever you might wanna call me)

INTRO
I had been balding since 21 years. I am 27 now. I tried ANY remedy before going to the last resort of wearing a system, for obvious reasons.

SOLUTION 1: Propecia
As I noticed that I was thinning, I spent hundreds of euros on bloody propecia, which although I didnt report any side effects, I didnt report any positives either. I dont know my hair count so I cant really say I had grown 4 hairs, nonetheless, it wasnt enough to keep me happy.

SOLUTION 2: Hair Transplant
The situation with my hair was getting worse and I was feeling very low, so before it got TOO bad, I invested in a hair transplant. I spent about 5500Euros on a frontal transplant. I wasnt too pleased cause the surgeon still left me with a big forehead cause he said I would be jeopardising density. So yeah, anyway, it kinda gave me a little boost, I definitely saw more hairs than propecia ever produced... but I wasnt too happy either. It honestly felt like I wasted too much money on a few hairs. After some time, I started losing some of them again so I really got frustrated.

SOLUTION 3: CONCEALERS
So I discovered concealers. Toppik, DermaMatch... you name them. I tried them all. I was pretty satisfied at first although it made my hair looked very dry and matte. Of course, I was always kinda aware in pouring rain but to my advantage, it doesnt rain much in my country and I had found a couple of combos (DermMatch, Toppik Freeze Hair Spray, and a little glossywax combo lol) that helped with this. Unfortunately, the combo wasnt too healthy for my hair (I suppose) and I started shedding again until I thought sh*t, these concealers are becoming visible.

SOLUTION 4: HAIR SYSTEM NO.1
I arrived to the last resort... hair system. Went to a club locally and convinced me its the way to go. I thought Id give it a shot and bought 2 systems. Paid 2400Euros for them. When they arrived, the base was plastic-y (I think poly), and the hair looked pretty good. Shaved my existent hair and applied this one... and started with the cut in. I told them I want really short hair, cause I dont wanna go back to work making it too obvious I am wearing! But they were too careful I suppose, and when I looked at the mirror, I found out I had instantly turned into a Paul McCartney! My face got red I swear I could puke... I constantly told her to go shorter! She told me to sleep on it... but goddammit, the stress gave me a headache and I went back after 2 days telling her to take it off. She said no way, its gonna hurt (cause she used some extrastrong adhesive or whatever) so i put my palm in my face and told her affirmitevely to go short! Against her will she started cutting and... phew, at least I sighed. I was pretty ok. I still thought it was too dense! but anyway. Went home, found my scissors, said do-or-die, fuck it, it might mean money down the drain but I d rather TRY to make it make me happy or I might as well take it off and shave off my head. Started cutting it myself and I made it look slightly more decent.

PROBLEMS WITH SYSTEM No.1
Specs: Poly Base, 80% Density (Not Toplace)
---------------------------------------------
I found that Poly bases make me Toooooo sweaty, make me itch and are not comfortable at all! When I slept, I felt like I was wearing a cap all the time so I was really uncomfortable and conscious. I used Red-Tape based on her recommendation, very easy maintenance but the edges would bulge after 2 (max 3) days! One day, I woke up and had the back part of my base flipped up, unveiling about 2 inches of my naked head. I was shocked to say the least, and decided to do a little research. I found this website and from the forum, I thought Walker No Shine was highly rated. Inconsiderate whether it was good for poly base, I bought and applied it. The bond was awesome! It even made edges less detectable to the touch! I play soccer and exercise quite alot and sometimes, I went 2 weeks without needing to remove and reattach. Obviously, before you question my hygene, I took it off and thoroughly cleaned it. Walker No Shine proved to be a pain in the ass to clean it off the base, and I dont think it is suggested on poly bases. But anyway. In the meantime... seeing amateur photos on this forum convinced me that Toplace might be a better (and much cheaper) solution so I placed the order (I will talk about this later). System No.1, like I said made me itch and I would scratch to the point that I made a bald patch on my crown area!

To be continued...

Messages In This Thread
My review, queries, tips and tricks from a newbie - mrjoejohn - 08-13-2010, 10:26 AM