Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions from a returning potential wearer
08-17-2010, 07:17 PM,
RE: Questions from a returning potential wearer
Hi luke77. I just measured my own hair length now --it`s 3 inches at the back. The perimeter of the system bonds to the bald skin at the point where my own hair is growing from, and the hair `hangs down` over my own. The stylist layers-in the system hair onto the growing hair. I only ordered 3 -inch length on this new system, in order to make less work for the stylist. I just about got away with it -- I think 4 inches would have been safer to `play with,` but I just didn`t see the point of getting the standard 6 inches and literally half of it ending up on the salon floor and giving the stylist a harder job in layering it in. It also saved time as it only took 10 minutes to do literally, also having the bonus that she only charged 20Euros !!
Post a pic when you can, and hopefully JRob will get back and leave a bit of advice too ---it would be helpful to see the density of your hair. My only concern with full -cap wearing in general, is that they can have a tendency to lift/ de-bond at the nape [ JRob did a post on the issue a while back, and how he made V- shaped cuts in the lace there to give a more natural impression rather than a straight line across the back ] My impression would be that if it kind of lifted off/away from the skin there, it would be fairly obvious, whereas if you had a bit of your own hair --even and inch or so -- it would be less stark you know ? I`m just thinking aloud really --- JRob would be best to give definitive advice --he`s making a DVD of the whole full cap process, and I`m anxious to get my hands on a copy as soon as it`s available as I`m considering going down that road. I just took 2 pics of the back of my system and where it meets the growing hair --you will see the white backing paper on the strip of tape which I use to attach --note the `` excess`` of hair from the system, sticking out into the sir ---- that simply folds down over and onto the growing hair and gives the impression of fullness/density --that`s where the skill of the stylist is apparent. Will post the pics below this post. I hope that is of some help .... and I`ll keep an eye on this thread as I`d like to hear what JRob has to say about whether it`s practical to keep a little of your own hair at the nape for realism when wearing a full cap.Regards, Paul.
Hope that gives you an idea luke77, again, the pics are not great quality but may help better than a load of words on a post... Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions from a returning potential wearer - Paul In Ireland - 08-17-2010, 07:17 PM