Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions from a returning potential wearer
08-04-2010, 04:08 PM,
Questions from a returning potential wearer
Hi guys,

I'm 25 and have been slowly losing my hair since 16. When it finally got to the point that it was going to be quite noticeable to anyone even with coverup products, I ordered a piece from toplace and used it for about 8 months (this was in 2007-08). I have diffuse thinning more or less all over so I used a full cap (or maybe it was a 3/4, I don't quite remember). There was nothing wrong with the piece but I really didn't like wearing what felt like a huge hat 24/7; maintenance was a bit harder than I had hoped, I was occasionally paranoid about being noticed, and probably most importantly, the attachments were tough to stay consistent with - I always felt like I was placing it too far forward or back on the hairline, or too much to the left or right, etc. At the same time I was quite depressed so I'm sure this intensified lots of these feelings.

So anyway, I finally said screw it and shaved my head, which is what I've been doing in the time since. I visited the site the other day and read through some of the forums, and I'm intrigued by some of the discussions about got2b glue. If it works as advertised, it would do away with alot of the attachment issues I had, and also allow me to detach during the week at night or something if I wanted.

I have a few questions though specific to my situation. I just want to draw attention away from my hair, so I want a basic, traditional style, combed over the hairline so no hairline showing. I would probably go with pretty (or very) low density so that it wouldn't be obvious that I was wearing. I wouldn't mind, actually, if it looked like I was thinning somewhat, as I think it would be a natural transition that way. I'm wondering how short it is possible to go with a full cap piece, especially without an exposed hairline? For instance, could something like this be done:

http://www.fotosearch.com/bigcomp.asp?pa...060591.jpg
or the guy on the right in this one: http://www.fotosearch.com/bigcomp.asp?pa...941741.jpg

This is basically the style I'm looking for - the style for people who don't care about their hair, they just get it cut short every month or so and don't have to worry about it at all until the next month.

My other concern is that with my last piece I felt like I had "big hair" on the top - kind of like rob blagojevich , just a huge mass of hair on the top. I had the person cutting it in thin it out as much as possible but it still felt pretty massive. Is there something I can ask the factory to do to decrease this? I think my density was like 65-70 last time so I don't think it's because I had too much density on top, but I guess its possible.

Finally, if I did decide to use got2b glue, can I safely use just that, or should I use tape as well on the front? And how is the cleanup with got2b glue?

Oh yeah, one more thing - I can't see probably 75% of the pictures posted on the forum, it just says "attachment" and then blank under that. Is anyone else having this problem? I am using firefox.

Thank very much.

Messages In This Thread
Questions from a returning potential wearer - luke77 - 08-04-2010, 04:08 PM