Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP - cold feet as well! St. Louis stylist?
07-31-2010, 12:47 AM,
RE: HELP - cold feet as well! St. Louis stylist?
Hi Jared, There are a a number of different bases available, as you will know from reading this forum. I had a quick look at the site you mentioned above, but not in any great detail --just saw the usual `` glossy`` images of people with nice -looking, full heads of hair, put there so you can /will imagine yourself like one of those models. I`m sure there is probably nothing at all wrong with the service they provide, like most of these salons, but as you said, they WILL charge you nicely for the privilege. I posted a reply a few days ago to the topic of getting `` cold feet`` about wearing, in which I told how I went about finding a stylist --just have a read of that and see if it`s something you might be able to do. If you are new to this game and have not worn before, I can fully understand how daunting it seems --that`s because we are all so sensitive about how our hair [or lack of :-) ] looks to others, and our biggest fear is that we`ll go to a stylist who hasn`t a clue of how to style our `new`hair and we`ll end up looking like a scarecrow !! The salons in general know this, and tell you they are experts at the whole game --that may very well be true, but you`ll certainly have to pay for their expertise. I don`t know about anyone else on here, but I simply cannot afford those salon prices, and i`m so glad to have found this site -- I would suggest maybe getting a stock -unit first, and once you secure / find a stylist willing to style it for you, see how you feel about the end result, and if pleased, you can do a template and order a custom unit made to fit your exact head. I just told the `prospective` stylist that she need not worry if she made a total mess of it as it was a very reasonable cost unit --it allowed her to have a more relaxed attitude which I think helped to sway her to agree to do the cut -in for me. I honestly feel that any half- decent stylist who has a little bit of a ``sense of adventure`` would give it a go as long as they know you`re not going to sue them !! Honestly, go out and literally ``knock on doors`` --if you don`t ask, you won`t receive ! You may [probably ]will get refusals, but if they want to turn away business that`s their choice, but all you need is one to agree. ! Hope that`s some food ofr thought anyway --very best wishes and do keep us posted on whatever you decide /happens -- Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HELP - cold feet as well! St. Louis stylist? - Paul In Ireland - 07-31-2010, 12:47 AM