Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing with an extremely oily scalp
06-17-2010, 11:08 PM,
RE: Wearing with an extremely oily scalp
Fox- yes I am not sure what the dermatological condition I have is. A few years back, my forehead was getting extremely red to the point it had a burning sensation. Everyone would comment that it looked dry and that I should treat it with lotion. Well that just made it worse. After seeing a dermatologist he said that it "seemed" dry but it was actually due to over productive sebaceous glands that were clogged. He diagnosed me with Seborrheic dermatitis. I did have flakes like crazy but no yellowish scales. The thing was, this was confined to my forehead only. It eventually went away, but now my scalp and forehead tend to get oily... very fast, I don't have the burning sensation or and dandruff associated with it. The dermatologist, this time diagnosed me with over productive sebaceous glands caused by excessive testosterone being converted into DHT. So my thinking is to reduce the DHT...what everyone does when they lose their hair. What the hell!

But the GTBG does hold the front good for the day with absolutely zero irritation.

Messages In This Thread
Wearing with an extremely oily scalp - mpb - 06-13-2010, 02:39 AM
RE: Wearing with an extremely oily scalp - mpb - 06-17-2010, 11:08 PM