Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My quest for a partial hairpiece
05-23-2010, 01:46 AM,
My quest for a partial hairpiece
Hi guys,

I'm looking to find myself a partial hairpiece. I have been reading this forum for a while, and it seems that some of you have tried those.

I'm attaching a picture of my current situation (the picture is taken after shower, and unfortunately it doesn't show the hairline very well. In fact, it might seem that I have much more hair than I actually do, and the situation in the hairline is worse than it looks in the picture.). I have roughly drawn the hairline I would like to achieve with the piece. It is just to give an idea about the situation, I will need to make exact measurements etc. when making a template.

I'm also attaching a picture of a hairstyle I would like to achieve (this one is taken from the frontpage of this website).

Then to the questions:

-Is it possible to get this kind of piece and blend it with the existing hair? (it's like a strip going across the forehead, haven't made exact measurements but it would be about half an inch in the middle and about an inch or more in the sides)
-Are there going to be attachment problems with this kind of piece?
-I would also need enough hair density on the piece as I still have thick hair in the sides and in the back.

So far, I have taken the usual route with my hairloss..when I realized my hairline was receding I started taking finasteride (been taking about 7 years already and I think it has worked pretty well in slowing the hairloss).

Couple of years ago, as the recession went further, I also started using concealers (Toppik etc.). Now I've reached the point where I can't achieve the hairstyle I would like with concealers anymore, so the next step would be using a piece or taking a transplant (which I don't want to do, and from what I understood, I couldn't get very much hair density from a transplant anyway).

So if there's any chance this kind of piece would work, I would definitely want to give it a try.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
My quest for a partial hairpiece - Zandberg09 - 05-23-2010, 01:46 AM