Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ditching AHS - Need Input From You Guys (photo)
05-15-2010, 08:45 PM,
RE: Ditching AHS - Need Input From You Guys
I too was a ``victim`` of AHS --all these kinds of places / programmes are only after one thing --your money -- they know exactly how self -conscious guys can be about their hair loss, and that`s how they can get away with scandalous prices. I suppose people are naturally cautious of buying things on -line too for a few reasons ---it`s nice to see /feel /hold any product or item you may be thinking of buying, and there are so many fraudsters trying to access your bank / card details too, so people can be quite `afraid`and cautious, which is probably not a bad thing.
My advice to you would be firstly, you have nothing to fear from this site ----- the people who run it are highly ethical and not out to rip you off. Secondly, the quality of the units is excellent. The trick is to send in a good template of your head for a good comfortable fit, and not to order a density of hair which will not suit you or will draw attention to you from people who are used to seeing you daily. Younger guys usually have denser hair than older, just from normal ageing. If you post a pic here of your side area/back, you will be advised on what density to order. I would strongly recommend you try to locate a stylist in your area who would do the initial cut -in / styling for you, simply for the fact that when your new hair arrives it is very `` bouncy/lively`` and I personally find I like to leave a little extra length [ not a huge amount] so that when the unit settles after a week of wearing / light brushing/ misting it with water, then you can see that it might need another final trim to get a really good match-in with your own so you can just pop in to the salon for that ---- I`m VERY fussy about the cut -in and how it looks and I would prefer to be able to ask and tell the stylist what I want done while the unit is on my head. As for trimming the lace --there is always about half and inch of excess lace at the front when the unit arrives --- just use a good sharp scissors and trim it back towards where the hair itself starts, from temple to temple --honestly there is nothing to be fearful of. Personally , I use very little amounts of products on the hair -- I take the hair off nightly as I have an oily scalp so shower /clean it daily, but I shampoo the unit very sparingly -- I use Lòreal shampoo for coloured hair, simply mix a little in very cool water in a sink and allow the unit to immerse in it for a minute or so -- I then lift it in and out 2 or 3 times, but I NEVER scrub at it or knead the hair ---- I just rinse it under a very cool running stream of water and blot it on a towel [again --- no rubbing /scrubbing at it] and allow to dry naturally. When almost dry, I very gently/ lightly brush it with a widely -spaced toothed brush with rounded or nylon tipped teeth so as not to snag the lace and risk tearing it---- the lace is not like a spiders web --ie will almost disentegrate at the slightest touch, but certainly will not last too long if you use a normal plastic comb and you snag the teeth into the lace and pull --obviously you risk tearing it then. Remember, the hair is not growing, so will not get oily after a few days like real hair growing out of a scalp ---- dryness is actually the main problem, so I use a spray -in, LEAVE IN conditioner, once in a while [not daily] just to give a little moisture / sheen to the hair --if you can get one with UV protection added, that`s even better. There are many on the market --so just find one you like. I use one called Equave [will attach pic] but there are many other good ones on sale. Hope that helps you --- have a look at the posts on how to make a good template of your head, send it in and in no time you`ll be looking how you want to at an extremely reasonable cost too!!
John has just posted a pic at the top of the forum of how my hair looks with the scalp showing through , after 3 months of wear --so that will give you an idea of how a unit can last and how treating it properly can have a bearing on how long you can expect it to last. Best regards, Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ditching AHS - Need Input From You Guys - Paul In Ireland - 05-15-2010, 08:45 PM