Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to toplace and need your advice
10-03-2009, 03:30 AM,
New to toplace and need your advice
Hi All,

I've been monitoring this forum for a while and have now decided to give toplace a try. I've been wearing for 23 years, since I was 22, and have always used a local hair place. Here's my dilema... I've been with the same person now for probably 15 years. She does a great job but now my eyes are opening to what the costs really should be. I currently pretty much only go in when I order a new system and get it cut in as I've gotten pretty good at keeping my own hair cut. I currently pay about $800 for a new piece (which what I believe to be a stock french lace with poly sides). I'm trying to figure out about a cut-in... I don't know that I feel comfortable ordering a unit myself and asking her to cut it in. I know business is bad for her right now due to the economy...

How hard is to cut it in myself? Or how much success do you guys have by getting Debbie to cut in via mail and having it work? I currently have fairly thin sides, receded temples (my units has slight flaps to help make up for this), and am getting grayer by the minute Big Grin

In terms of ordering, I know my color is 1B. I normally get 20% gray. And it's medium density. Density is my concern... what is medium density and how does it compare? I feel it's too thick anyways, specially when new. So I need to get some recommendations on density (as measured by toplace). I've recently switched to a somewhat short, combed forward style - mainly because I was not comfortable with my hairline. The stock units always had to be shaped in the front and I think that made the hairline harsh. I also attach for 14 days at a time using a combination of red liner, blue tape, and some silver backed lace front tape that I have no idea what it is.

Thanks for listening...I know this is long. I'm ready to order but need to figure out what. Density, type of lace, poly or no poly sides, etc... Really impressed with many of the pictures I see here and want to achieve the same.

Thanks,
NCC

Messages In This Thread
New to toplace and need your advice - ncc - 10-03-2009, 03:30 AM