Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
12-14-2009, 09:48 AM,
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues...
Hi Drew,

I highly recommend you and others try G2BG, yes even on lace (my piece is a lace, as well)! You're right, it MIGHT not work as well as tapes for some (if you want over a week-long attachment), but it'll save you time in the long run. This is what I mean:

People want long attachments from tapes/glues because they don't want to deal with the clean-up. If you're spending 2 hours cleaning a piece, you don't want to clean more than once a week. If a tape or glue only holds 2 days, but the clean up is 2 hours, then of course it's not worth it and we would seek something that attaches longer. I think time is the main reason why people want long attachments.

But the beauty of G2BG is that clean-up is ZERO. If there is no time spent to clean up, then even if we had to re-attach daily, then to me it's worth it. Did I mention attachments for me is about 10 minutes MAXIMUM? Here's the math: You have a 1-week attachment, so every week you spend, let's say, 1 hour to clean up and 30 minutes to attach. That's 1 hour and 30 minutes. I attach, let's say 3 times a week with G2BG, where cleaning time is 0 mins and attaching time is 10 minutes each (x 3 = 30 minutes). That means every week I save 1 hour, I have less stress, AND my scalp is cleaner.

The only argument left is aesthetics: some might argue "G2BG attachments won't look as good as tapes/glues".

If people say tapes/glues look better, then perhaps they do, but if you're sporting a comb down style, then it won't matter. HOWEVER, I'm sure with practice, exposing front hair line with G2BG is possible. Remember, we have a good TL system to ensure good hairlines. I think glues/tape don't play as big a role as the hair piece itself, does.

Leamon

Messages In This Thread
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues... - leamon - 12-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues... - dino - 12-14-2009, 10:41 AM