Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You guys are my celebrities
08-12-2008, 07:33 AM,
You guys are my celebrities
Hi guys, after days of reading from the old forum, names like Jrod, BA, MB, steve, debbie, the count, darius, etc. have somewhat attained a celebrity status in my mind. I always try to read what you guys have to say. It's amazing that this forum is still so full of energy.

I think I've read all I could, I'm ready for action. It was someone who mentioned it's the experience that will inevitably replace all the facts presented on this forum, that has eased my inquisitive mind. Since I noticed that a few of you guys were lamenting the fact that this new forum should be used more often (as opposed to the old forum), I'm going to audaciously ask some simple (and yes redundant) questions that I'm sure all newbies would ask over and over again. Perhaps this will deter people from trying to find answers in the old forum because they saw it here first.

Since I think it's all trial and error (in terms of the type of piece to buy, I won't ask about it). At the moment, I'm a Hair Club for Men member, and am really discouraged about the mediocre piece I have on (at an incredibly expensive price). I'm not shy when it comes to using tapes or glues (b/c I've had to do it before on several occasions). My question stems from what I notice is the difference between the HCM piece after it's on, and the pieces I've seen from those like MichiganBaldy.

Question: The HCM piece, where your real hair meets the piece is very fake looking. You would have to have longer hair on the piece to flow and cover the seam (seam = where real hair meets the piece hair). When hair gets wet (from the rain or shower), you'll see this seam and it doesn't look nice at all. Based on the pics I saw from this forum, how do you guys get the seam to look so good? A perfect example is MichiganBalding's pictures. I'm guessing it has to do with the piece itself (laced as opposed to how ever HCM has theirs) instead of technique? Here's an example of the incredible side seam, even when the hair is spiked up.
[Image: Pete2a.JPG]

The seam where the front of my piece touches the side or temple hair looks very unconvincing. If I can learn how you guys get the seam to look so natural, I think I can fix this problem as well. The hair at the back part of my piece is longer so it covers that back seam, but if it gets wet or blown to the side, you can see it clearly.

Sorry for the long post for such "ONE" question. Also, as I was reading the old forum, I noticed the links to some of the pictures aren't working (like the ones from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://photo.starblvd.net">http://photo.starblvd.net</a><!-- m -->). I'd love to look at some of the full cap pictures.

Thank you everybody. It seems, I'm going to be a future loyal member :lol:

Leamon

Messages In This Thread
You guys are my celebrities - leamon - 08-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - Darius - 08-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - Sester - 08-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - thecount - 08-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - leamon - 08-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - reubin - 08-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Re: You guys are my celebrities - leamon - 08-24-2008, 03:31 AM