Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Anyone Solved Their Shedding Issues?
10-01-2008, 05:54 AM,
Has Anyone Solved Their Shedding Issues?
Hi all,

I've been a wearer for a few years now. I've never been able to get more than 5 weeks out of a single unit. It sheds smack at the 5 week mark religiously. The shedding when it happens is so dramatic it changes the unit appearance considerably. I can go from looking like I have a full head of hair to losing my hair over night. No matter whether it's French or SFS it still happens. I typically stretch them to 6 or 7 weeks by wearing a hat until a new unit comes in. As you can imagine this really puts a damper on my life because during that week to two week period I tend to avoid showing my hair, etc... My social life changes a bit.

Now I would buy 2 or so units at a time but times are tight and I can't really afford that. I have truly taken such gentle care of every unit I own and for the life of me cannot figure out why my units shed at 5 weeks where others say they can get 6 months. That's a huge difference 5 weeks and 24 weeks. I wish it was something I was doing but I can't seem to figure it out. I do all the careful things everyone else does. Nothing other than filtered water ever touches my hair. I gently detach from my head (probably more gently than most). Never wash in the shower. Change every 3 days, I spray desolvit on both sides of the unit and gently slide the glue off. I put only conditioner on the shaft and not at the base to avoid any knots coming lose. I've used the knot sealer. I've done it all. Has anyone ever been able to pinpoint what there problem was and solved it. I'd do anything for a solution.

Rob

Messages In This Thread
Has Anyone Solved Their Shedding Issues? - funandsum - 10-01-2008, 05:54 AM