Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the forum, but not to wearing hair
11-21-2008, 03:55 AM,
Re: New to the forum, but not to wearing hair
Baldrich Wrote:Looking good Kevin!

Is that a Farrell hairpiece you are wearing in the picture? You seem to have buzzed sides and quite a long style on the top. Is all the long part your hairpiece, and the buzzed sides your real hair? Do you have any issues with blending in a style like that?

Teddy

Actually, it is not a Farrell piece. The one I have here is actually a stock piece that a friend of mine in Huntsville AL (owns a hair replacement salon) had ordered for me to "try out". It had light blonde highlights in it and when we put it on, I fell in love with it. I felt that the highlights added another dimension to the whole hair wearing thing because not a lot of people would suspect your hair to be fake with highlights (unless an obvious mismatch of course).

The buzzed sides are the key for me. Gives the realistic approach. Blending can be a challenge, but a good stylist with a razor comb and a guy with hair goop can do wonders. I find that perfection is almost as visible as being way to obvious that you are wearing hair. No ones hair is perfect, why should ours be?

A few weeks ago I received my latest system and would love to share some pics of it. I went to the EXTREME and told them to do some seriously chunky highlights in it. Almost surfer chunky and THEY DID.. This system came back and I was absolutely AMAZED and excited. We got it in place and did the cut-in and I could not be happier. VERY VERY blonde highlights and lot's of them. Attended a show in Milwaukee and went out afterwards and someone came up to me at the bar we were all at, sat down beside me and said, "you are hot and I love your hair.."and then ran their finger through it..kinda freaked me a bit but HEY I AM NOT SCARED. LOL

Messages In This Thread
Re: New to the forum, but not to wearing hair - kevinwholder - 11-21-2008, 03:55 AM