Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toplace Vs others
11-18-2008, 01:58 PM,
Toplace Vs others
I know this has been discussed. I just saw a thread that was locked but I would like to make a comment since I did not get a chance to do so and it might help a newbie on the fence. I am not one of those who only posts good things about Toplace. I have made both positive and negative comments on TL in the past (and criticized by a few fervant TL supporters on negative comments).

I have purchased hair from 4 differnt online companies over the years and I still use 2. I don't want to have a single source. Toplace and Coopiece are definitely better than others. TL is still slightly cheaper. I think CP usually does a better job at matching specs but the differnce is minor. Both factories make mistakes (understandably) but TL's better at resolving the problem to my satisfaction. CP tends to make corrections/adjustments on the same unit whereas TL does not hesitate to remake a brand new unit and I find that it comes out better when they are remade instead of tweaking a unit that wasn't right.

Now to lower the expectations for someone who is relatively new.....
No matter where you get your hair, don't expect anything close to perfection. I laugh when I see something like 63% density. You might get 55%, you might get 70%. I learned to live with it as long as it is not way off. Don't wait till the last minute and always have one or more back-up units. Once, I got my order in 5 weeks (without expedited service). Another time, it took 8 months from beginning to end with a couple of remakes in the middle. If you have backup units, you won't be so stressed.

Lastly, I hate wearing hair. If you look half decent with shaved head, don't get a hairpiece. Just shave. Once you start, it's very difficult to stop. You will be messing with glues, tapes, adjusting hair color, density, gray hair, size......it's endless. But if you decide to wear, Toplace is a good place to start.

Messages In This Thread
Toplace Vs others - jaycee - 11-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Re: Toplace Vs others - Greenery - 11-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Re: Toplace Vs others - Xeon005 - 11-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Re: Toplace Vs others - buckeye - 11-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Re: Toplace Vs others - atlantaguy - 11-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Re: Toplace Vs others - jaycee - 11-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Re: Toplace Vs others - Xeon005 - 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Re: Toplace Vs others - thecount - 11-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Re: Toplace Vs others - Madbull - 11-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Re: Toplace Vs others - Xeon005 - 11-21-2008, 06:43 AM