Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cashier almost refused to sell me liquor......PRICELESS!
12-17-2008, 03:23 PM,
Cashier almost refused to sell me liquor......PRICELESS!
Just got a new all lace full cap cut in, and on my way home I stopped at the liquor store.

Grabbed a few bottles to stock up for the weekend, and headed to the cashier.

The cashier rings me up, and for a second I didn't even think she was going to ask for my ID, but as soon as she scans the items she asks to see it.

I cheerfully said "No problem!", as I always take it as a compliment when I get carded. Showed it to her and she hesitates for a few seconds, looks at me closely and says "Are you sure this is you?", to which I reply "Why, does it not look like me?"

She went on to explain that it looked like me, but that she didn't believe that I was 37! For a few seconds I thought she was going to refuse to sell to me.

The really funny thing is that my driver's license is SIXTEEN years old! I was 21 at the time and my hair already had about as much recession as I put into my full caps, but the density was probably 40-45% by the Toplace scale. So I was standing in front of this cashier with about 40% more hair than when I had just reached legal drinking age, she thought that it LOOKED like me, but she didn't think that I could possibly be 37.

So ironically, this girl (who might have been 21 herself, if that):

1) Didn't realize that my hair was THICKER at age 37 than when I was 21

and

2) Thought I wasn't old enough to drink

Now, do you think for a second that she would have had this reaction if I were sporting the horseshoe? What if I had a shaved head? If I still shaved I would probably still get carded, but not nearly as much as I do with hair.

Moral of the story.....a great looking piece can make you look YEARS younger. It can also make you feel really good. I walked out of that liquor store feeling like a million bucks!

Anyone sitting on the fence out there, take the plunge. I seriously doubt you will regret it.

Messages In This Thread
Cashier almost refused to sell me liquor......PRICELESS! - JRob - 12-17-2008, 03:23 PM