Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Unit, some issues, w/pics
12-24-2008, 06:22 PM,
Re: First Unit, some issues, w/pics
Traco Wrote:You don't need to tack a full cap down all the way round. It's so secure - it custom fits your head rather than just sits on top of it.

I attach at the hairline (one piece of Walkers A contour tape, sometimes with a little white glue), temples/sideburns (one piece of Walkers C contour tape attached vertically each side) and the back (one 5 inch Duo Tac boomerang tape with a Walkers A contour underneath it). Lasts more than a week easily, could go longer if needed. At change out time, dab with Debbie's Lace Release, wait two minutes, cap lifts straight off, tape is easily removed and no messy residue.

My attachment is similar. I use a strong tape at the back and about 1/4 to 1/2" back from the hairline and temples. I then finish with white glue at the front edges of the temples and hairline. I don't even bother doing anything above the ears or on top of the head.

I find a full cap attachment a bit more time consuming, but ultimately more accurate and easier than a topper attachment.

Messages In This Thread
Re: First Unit, some issues, w/pics - JRob - 12-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Re: First Unit, some issues, w/pics - JRob - 12-24-2008, 06:22 PM