Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first post and a few questions bout stylists in Melb(aus)
12-23-2008, 01:52 AM,
My first post and a few questions bout stylists in Melb(aus)
Hi guys,
I am a newbie from Melbourne who is looking into getting a TL piece asap. I could even break the record of going from not knowing a thing about hair pieces a month ago to being ready to make the big move to make a template and order a piece in. Toplace and the forum here are pbly the biggest influence for my decision.Great to see BA,Debbie and John taking interest and answering the endless questions.Its amazing what some of the guys here achieved with their pieces. Very inspirational !!

As for me I was one of those unlucky ones that started thinning on top when I was 17 which was a huge blow to my outlook on things and most of all confidence. I'm 26 now and can strongly agree that my diffuse hair loss had a massive impact on my life and even more since I started wearing concealers. Geez!! those things are god awfully messy and severely limit what I can do. I seriously cant wait to throw my GLH spray and Toppik out of the window.(They got me this far without anyone suspecting that I was severly thin up top but they still goto go :twisted: ) Anyways instead of crying about the past I want to look forward into the future and I think its time to make the big move and I'm all psyched up 8-).

I will be asking a few questions and having gone thru previous posts by other members I will try not to ask anything that has been asked many times before.
:arrow: Firstly, is there any guys from Melbourne here?? Just want to know if there are any experienced Hair dressers in Melbourne that can make a template up for me and also do the first cut in/style etc..
:arrow: If I get a stock piece can I still choose the hair colour,wave,style etc or is it just one fixed type for all. Also is the wait time shown in the 'Shipping' info for a stock piece or a custom piece? Will the stock piece be any quicker??
:arrow: For a beginner how manageable is an SFS base to apply and clean? I am planning to go all SFS to begin with as the first few months people will be a bit suss about my smooth shiny hair compared to the birds nest it used to be with all that concealer. I want to show streaks of scalp over the front without the lace showing even from close inspection but also dont want anything that will rip easy under my inexperienced hands. Input from newbie SFS wearers will help. Wink
I am looking forward to wearing a piece and be a part of this great site.Cheers...

Messages In This Thread
My first post and a few questions bout stylists in Melb(aus) - justerxr - 12-23-2008, 01:52 AM