Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice? I can't get my front edge to stay down...
01-11-2009, 10:41 AM,
Re: Advice? I can't get my front edge to stay down...
Make sure your not sweating, and apply the glue in a cool area. I've had a few times when I've been in a rush to do a quick fix up before my girlfriend came over, and couldn't get it down b/c I was sweating like crazy.

Also, make sure both your lace, and your head is completely free of the old glue residue. You can probably get away with having a tiny bit left, but it's best to try to get it as clean as possible. Also, this may sound weird, but I take my head and rub it against my mirror to get all the glue residue off.. and take a Qtip with 99% alcohol to break up the little bit of glue on the lace, and try to rub the lace up against the mirror by pressing my head against it.

The only problem is the cleanup, as this always makes a bit of a mess, but it works for me on touchups..

Usually the front on most people will only last 3-4 days max b/f you start to get either lift, or a little dirt at the hairline from airborne pollutants, dirt from getting caught up in the glue hairline if you have a tiny bit of glue exposed at the edge.

I'm not an expert.. so you will want to hear what others say.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Advice? I can't get my front edge to stay down... - folliman - 01-11-2009, 10:41 AM