Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie with stained lace needs help/will polish remover work
01-16-2009, 04:57 AM,
Newbie with stained lace needs help/will polish remover work
Hello all, I have permanent marker stains on parts of my french lace base..the stains arn't too bad and I might just cut off the extra lace in front to remove the most obvious stained part..so the situation isn't too severe. But, I'm looking for methods to get out the stain before deciding to cut the lace off.

I've tried soaking overnight in Desolv-it and that didn't seem to work , though I didn't try to wipe the stain off too much after the soak, maybe I should have done that more.

But I was wondering if perhaps nail polish remover could be used to remove the stain and I wonder if nail polish remover is safe for the hair? If it can be used, how should one use it? And are there only certain kinds of nail polish remover that can be used?

Lastly, does anyone have any other suggestions? Soak in 99 alcohol? If so, for how long to soak in the 99 alcohol? Are their other solutions that can be used to soak the hairpiece in for a stain such as this?

Thanks all for any suggestions.s412

Messages In This Thread
Newbie with stained lace needs help/will polish remover work - s412 - 01-16-2009, 04:57 AM