Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young guy looking into hair replacement
02-03-2009, 05:51 AM,
Re: Young guy looking into hair replacement
I started losing at 16 so I feel your pain. By 19 I wore a thich Hair Club for Men piece of crap. At 30 I found Toplace and it's been a life saver. Here's a few things...

1) At that young age I found that it really did a number on my confidence to the point where I probably should have talked to a therapist. I was so self conscious about it. Now that I'm older I could handle losing my hair a bit better but having lost it at such a young age was so hard. Plays with your head. If you find you are shying away from doing certian things that's a key indicator.

2) Are you sure you need a full cap? You'd be better off with just a partial or standard TL if you can do it. Full caps are more work.

3) My hair routine takes about about 5 hours a week. I have to swap/clean units twice and it takes about 2.5 hours each time for me because the unit needs to dry before I put it back on my head. It is a time consuming process but is better than not having hair. You need a place all to yourself where you can spend the time to do it unless those around you know you wear.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Young guy looking into hair replacement - danger!!89 - 01-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Re: Young guy looking into hair replacement - funandsum - 02-03-2009, 05:51 AM