Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advantage and disadvantages of all ST-30 attachment
02-07-2009, 06:45 AM,
Re: Advantage and disadvantages of all ST-30 attachment
justerxr Wrote:
thecount Wrote:For one two week attachment, I had a full, taped, ST-30 attachment ...

I wish I had the same results with ST-30. My attachment keeps coming off after about 1-2 days. Dont know if I got to clean the piece more or maybe use a scalp protector but it just does'nt seem to last.. :? Ultra hold works for about 2-3 days and it starts to let go of the lace a bit too..
I'm waiting for the day that I can get a one week attachement with anything really..will try st-30 this weekend again...

Are you sure that you are using 99% alcohol. I used to get only a 1 day attachment with white glue( this was when i started wearing) until I realised that I was using a citrus based solvent fot releasing the lace!!! :oops: :oops:

Another thing to check is whether you have the real ST30 tape ( only debbie sells this AFAIK)

The scalp and the base of the piece should be absolutely free of pure or any other solvents.

This is my technique.
Its probably going to be very controversial and I expect many negative comments. But it works for me though.
SCALP
1 clean scalp with Pure and some paper towels ( NO WATER AT THIS STAGE)
2 APPLY SHAMPOO ON glue+ pure on scalp and lather. Now you can shower.Repeat 2 or 3 times till all the traces of pure are gone.
3 dry scalp.
4 spray some 99% alcohol on scalp(Stings a wee bit though and clean with a paper towel.
5 let all the alcohol dry
6 Apply scalp protector and let it dry naturally

HAIR PIECE

1. Detach from scalp with 99% alcohol
2. LET IT DRY. Or use a hairdryer on the base( scalp side) of the piece. ( Not directly on hair)
3. DO the magazine slide. ( Magazine/mirror slide works better when the glue is dry)
and get as much glue out of the piece as possible.
4. Spray 99% alcohol on the base( scalp side of piece).
5. Take an old bath towel. Put the towel on a table and gently rub on it with the lace side facing the towel. DO not keep the piece on a table with the base up and do this. The melted glue will get into the hair and mess up the piece. Use gravity to your advantage. Be very gentle with this technique . Otherwise you will lose hair from the piece.
6. Shampoo and condition the piece.
7. repeat the 99% to the underside of the piece technique. DO NOT SPRAY 99% on hair at any time!!!
8.Ensure that all the alcohol has evaporated from the Base.

NOW apply the ST30 to the base of your Piece and Bobs your uncle.

I get a 3 week hold with ST30 using this technique Wink

Messages In This Thread
Re: Advantage and disadvantages of all ST-30 attachment - ukdoctor - 02-07-2009, 06:45 AM