Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much time do you spend tweaking a new piece?
02-11-2009, 04:53 AM,
How much time do you spend tweaking a new piece?
Hi there,

One of the big turn offs for me is with a new wig 3/4 cap is the cutting and tweaking of it, seems to take ages. Been wearing for a long long time 25 years and I must say that this is one of the things that could make me stop wearing.

With a new wig takes about 6-7 hours to get the hair down to the right length, cutting it myself shortening the hair at first in my hand and then putting on my head and using a mirror to cut it further.

Then it is still very full looking so takes a lot of washing shampooing and blow drying and about 2 weeks messing around with it until it really setttles down and is wearable.

I could get my sister whoes a hairdresser to cut it, but even then I think to get it right would still need her to tweak it, so overall I like doing it myself.

so probably overall for a 3/4 near full cap I suppose it takes maybe 12 hours of work befor I venture out in it.

Its not a toplace by the way (so I hope ba doesn't mind me talking on here)

its the mono base with poly sides advantage of that it lasts a long time, currnent one Im wearing is over 14 mths but shedding in places. I prefer it to last longer as I wouldn't want to go through the cut in process every 3-4 mths

paddy

Messages In This Thread
How much time do you spend tweaking a new piece? - pwhack - 02-11-2009, 04:53 AM