Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 keys to getting 6 months out of your lace "unit"
02-15-2009, 05:59 AM,
3 keys to getting 6 months out of your lace "unit"
Ok, I developed a simple routine and process for managing my piece over the years and can get 6 months out of my wig np.

I've tested diferent processes and products, eliminating things to see what the cause and effect is and have narrowed it down to three keys.

I use Creme of Nature shampoo, the new stuff has sulfates and has been discussed here recently, but I have fantastic results, even better than Pureology. I also use CON conditioner, which is just unreal, thanks to JohnnyABQ for pushing it on me. I know both of these have changed ingredients since the last forum but they are just awesome, 4 bucks a bottle at Walmart. So, I'm not including these as one of the 3 keys, since over the years I've tried many shampoos and conditioners and still gotten 6 months out of all the wigs.

Here they are, THE 3 keys:

1. Paul Mitchell WaxWorks as a daily styling product.(Jrobs BlueMax is the only option and seems to work as well, but is sold out)
2. Debbie's Knot Sealer
3. Shower filter.

I was getting 4 or 5 months out of each unit but when AtlantaGuy turned me on to the shower filter, it was what put me over the top at 6 months or longer.

Messages In This Thread
3 keys to getting 6 months out of your lace "unit" - Snipe - 02-15-2009, 05:59 AM