Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wearing hair - not for everyone...
02-24-2009, 11:53 AM,
Wearing hair - not for everyone...
Wearing isn't for everyone. It's been said on this board. I'm one of those people. Here is my experience - not a negative commentary in any way on TL or even wearing hair. Their product and service was as advertised.

Ultimately, I just wasn't feeling it mentally, since I first started a little over a week ago. I had bouts of paranoia in regards to my attachment, blend, and congruence with my natural hair and temples. I had tons of edges popping up all over the place making the piece feel really detectable to me. Somehow I managed to pick up and take home a girl on Friday night without her noticing :mrgreen: even though she kept feeling dangerously close to my obvious seams and bubbles.

I went and got a reattachment from my stylist on Saturday, but this really didn't improve things. The hairline was super shiny and the piece kept coming up in the rear, even later that day. I tried a couple of my own attachments, and same deal, though strangely I was able to do a better job on my second crack at it than a 20 year hairpiece professional with her own set of eyes and hands. I was really distraught, and made the realization that if I was this stressed about this, maybe wearing hair wasn't for me. Finally, I just sucked it up and shaved it all off. A bit disappointing because I was looking forward to wearing hair, but also quite freeing as well. I've shaved before, so not too drastic for me. Once again, my own perspective.

I just didn't feel right as a wearer. I didn't look like "me" in photos, my hair just didn't feel right, and it was becoming consuming. This isn't a commentary on the quality of the piece or Toplace - I think it was exactly as I requested in color, texture, and density. Their service was solid and for the right person this is a good place to go for this product.

Don't let this experience discourage you from trying it out. If it makes you happier, that's what you should do. Just recognize that it isn't necessarily for every person, and go into it well researched. Thanks to the forum for the help during this process, and as a parting gesture, here is bald me - I might grow it back to a buzz, go back to where I was with a short cut, or keep shaving. Who knows?

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Wearing hair - not for everyone... - rkymtnchi - 02-24-2009, 11:53 AM