Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your serious about hairwearing, some advice.
03-17-2009, 11:11 PM,
If your serious about hairwearing, some advice.
I gotta say, in all my years of wearing, i've been pretty content with my hairpieces and really happy with the outcomes, however, in the last few weeks ive just been soo blown away all over again..at how amazing these things can be and make such a major difference to how you look.

I gotta be honest, in my opinion, to be happy at wearing hair and baring everything else that goes with it, to be happy for the long term, you really need figure out how to do things for yourself.

The most major thing is the cutting in and the style you maintain. Unbleached knots and all those small things that go with it i believe for the most part arent really issues, unless your paranoid. but the main issue is having it cut well and styled. IMHO most 'stylists' are useless, and there are some good ones out there who can and do good cut ins HOWEVER, i still believe stylists are a VERY small part in all this. Essentially they are useless, when it comes to being practical.

Lets be practical. You wear a new peice, get it cut in, lets assume its a good cut and your happy. Then you go home. OVer the next few days and weeks and indeed months, THAT WIG WILL CHANGE. Stylists cant do anything for you. The hair sheds, the lace frays, you dont always attach at the same position so what was a 'good' attachment last week, may not be this week. Sides might be thin, then there is styling, a very very important thing u want, if u want to look natural AND good.

When it comes down to it, YOU need to find out what adhesive is best for you, your best way of attaching, always have hair clippers at home so you can adjust your cut in after the so called stylist has cut it in, cos i tell you, alot of them leave it too long, or 1 side just looks wrong or whatever reason, stylists for the main part are useless. YOU need to be on the ball and adjust how u like it as the weeks and months go on, because the characteristics of the wig will change!

Unless you can handle doing this, people wont be happy in the long term for wearing, they will feel frustrated and give up.

Ordering the right specs isnt even as important as the cut in and following weeks of self adjustment and style, IMHO.

SO any newbie who is serious about wearing hair, being happy and looking good, you need to approach this thing with the right attitude and frame of mind. Prepare for war. You can't have the attitude of you'll give it a go and if it doesnt work out, then you'll ditch it. That self doubt will tear you apart from within and youll soon be defeated.

Do it right. Read the old forum like its your new bible. LEarn to do everything for yourself, especially how to cut it in, adjusting the sides etc with electric clippers. Choose a style you like. Give it everything you got, and most likely, you'll be blown away with the results, and your efforts would have paid off immensely.

PATIENCE PATIENCE AND MORE PATIENCE!

Sam

Messages In This Thread
If your serious about hairwearing, some advice. - Sester - 03-17-2009, 11:11 PM