Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lace Front Tape Question from a Newbie
02-25-2009, 06:48 PM,
Re: Lace Front Tape Question from a Newbie
There are two tricks that I know to tell you . . . I am a female but I wear a full lace wig, so I have encountered various issues in the past.

First is the when you apply the tape and peel it back . . lay your forearm just over that part of the tape line that may be exposed. This simply transfers skin cells to the tape and naturally serves to dull the shine. Be careful though because body oil is the biggest reason for 'lifting', this is why I suggest the forearm and not palms or fingers or something that would have more natural oil on it.

Secondly, find a mineral powder foundation and tab it onto the tape line. Please remember to use a concealor makeup brush for this and apply it coming from the "top" of the tape, not dabbing "up" with the brush. The difference being that if you dab 'up' you are jabbing the foundation into the tap line and will actually serve to darken and illustrate it.

Being a guy and ASSUMING you don't normally buy foundation for yourself Wink , remember to get it a shade lighter because anywhere near your scalp will be at least a shade lighter than you natural hue. If you don't have a female that you are comfortable asking to do this for you, then go buy a foundation that only offers light, medium, and dark. That minimizes your chances of messing it up.

HTH!

The internet is a strange place . . . now I am helping lawyers. What is next?

edit in~ The only time I have had the sliding you are talking about is when I went to bed within an hour after putting on the unit. Mine is considerably different from your's in that it is very long hair, and when women apply these we usually tie a scarf or something around the hair for at least an hour or so to let it properly 'set' ( we use exactly the same products btw). Anyway, one time I went for a nap and when I woke up the weird pressure has shifting the wig back off the tape. You don't wear a baseball cap or anything right after application do you?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Lace Front Tape Question from a Newbie - theunknown - 02-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Re: Lace Front Tape Question from a Newbie - Guest - 02-25-2009, 10:24 PM