Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took the step! Now questions
06-17-2016, 12:26 PM,
RE: Took the step! Now questions
Hi Pker1234

It's great that your are so pleased to have good hair again; only imagine how pleased you will be when you solve these problems.

I have to be blunt and say that looks awful. Your stylist lady evidently knows nothing about hair replacement, so you need to find a new place or learn the technique so you do it yourself - it's not that hard.

The first thing is that she has hacked up the front of the base. Luckily it appears to be salvageable. You need to get a pair of small very sharp scissors and cut the front hairline again. The small curved nail scissors you can buy are ideal. With a skin base like this you can cut right up to within a whisker of the front hairs themselves, so that there is no plastic in front, and I think that works best. The front of the base doesn't have to be a straight line - in fact it is better if it isn't - but try to create smooth curves. I cut with the scissors at a 45 degree angle to the surface of the base, to get a really sharp invisible leading edge on the plastic.

Affixing a skin unit with tapes is not a good idea, because if you are not very careful you can rip the base when you try to remove the piece from your head or the old tapes from the piece, so be very careful when you detach - use a lot of alcohol or whatever solvent you are using. If there is used tape on the base when you get it off, soak it well until you can take it off easily.

Skin units really need to be applied with glue. You can just put glue around the perimeter, but then you will get the 'plastic bag' noise if you scratch the unattached middle of the base. So for the best result, you should try an whole-scalp bond. That solves the noise, and is also more secure and cooler (no air trapped under the base). The good thing with skin bases is that, unlike with lace, you can put the glue on the base itself. The glue has to go right up to the edge of the base, particularly at the hairline. I think if you follow this plan it should resolve most or all of the problems you have encountered.

If I were you, since you are just starting out, I would experiment with using Got2BGlued as an adhesive, rather than proper hairpiece glue.

Let us know how it goes.

Noah

Messages In This Thread
Took the step! Now questions - pker1234 - 06-17-2016, 06:11 AM
RE: Took the step! Now questions - Baldrich - 06-17-2016, 12:26 PM