Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Rebond/Cleaning
10-23-2014, 09:47 AM,
RE: First Rebond/Cleaning
Hi NoHairNoFair,

1. Yes. Fill the dropper with Lace Release then part the hair and direct a few drops onto the lace so that it gets on the tape/glue. Do this wherever there is tape/glue to release. It only takes a few moments and the Lace Release will break the bond and allow you to gently remove the hair piece. You should not have to tug at the hair piece--just gently lift it off.
2. I prefer an old magazine over the mirror too, although both work fine. It's much easier to just toss out the magazine page than clean up the mirror. The idea is just to get the adhesive on a smooth surface and rub it off. Again, gently--no need to apply a lot of pressure.
3. Either one works fine. I've never seen the need for soaking as the Pure works quickly.
4. Sorry--help anyone?
5. I've never done this. Seems a finger nail brush would be rather harsh on the base and knots. Anyone tried this?
6. Are you allowing the glue to get 'tacky' before you apply the hair piece? Some people but the lace down before the glue is tacky and they have this problem. But in your case it happens a week after you put the unit down. Too much glue? What type of glue are you using? I'm guessing you're using too much glue because you shouldn't have any running into the hair.
7. I put PURE directly on my scalp and then rub it with a micro fiber cloth. I've tried cotton balls but they are too small and difficult to use. The micro fibre cloth is so much easier. I pick them up at WalMart of auto supply stores.
8. By 'thin coat' they mean just enough so it dries and becomes tacky in about 20-30 seconds. If it takes longer than that it's on too thick. A second 'thin coat' will increase the hold time. Yes, wait for the first coat to dry completely before you apply the second coat. The first coat should take about a minute to dry completely.
9. Yes, apply the Adjust a Bond after the final coat. Just a light coating is all you need to temporarily break the bond and allow you to position the unit exactly where you want. It should only take about half a minute to apply around the perimeter of the unit.
Good luck!
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

Messages In This Thread
First Rebond/Cleaning - NoHairNoFair - 10-19-2014, 07:16 AM
RE: First Rebond/Cleaning - ToplaceUSA - 10-23-2014, 09:47 AM
RE: First Rebond/Cleaning - NoHairNoFair - 10-27-2014, 05:39 AM
RE: First Rebond/Cleaning - EarlyTwenties - 10-29-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: First Rebond/Cleaning - AmericanJambo - 11-08-2014, 05:34 AM